21 December, 2015
White Bean Chicken Chili
Posted in : Recipes on by : Bill Atkinson
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. Cook: 2 hours
- Whole chicken, 1 (quartered).
- Whole white onions, 1 (chopped).
- Celery stalks, 4 (chopped).
- Green onions, 5 (chopped).
- White kidney beans, 2-3 cans.
- Corn, yellow or sweet, 2 cans.
- Large garlic cloves, 4 (chopped).
- Olive oil, 2 tablespoons.
- Salt, 1 teaspoon.
- Pepper, 1 teaspoon.
- Ground cumin, 1 tablespoon.
- Grated cheddar cheese.
- Jalepeno peppers, 4 (de-seeded and chopped).
- McCormick ® brand white chicken chili seasoning mix, 2.
Add whole quartered chicken to 3 quarts of water. Bring to a boil for 1 hour.
Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, celery, green onions, salt and pepper. Sauté 5 minutes until translucent.
Drain beans, add beans to pot. Add onion/celery mixture to pot. Drain corn, add corn to pot.
Add McCormick ® brand white chicken chili seasoning mix.
Let simmer and reduce, uncovered for 1 hour.
De-seed and chop jalapenos.
Serve with grated sharp cheddar cheese and chopped jalapeno peppers.