23 December, 2015
Billy-O’s Sweet & Spicy dry rub
This is my go-to dry-rub for all of my smoked spare ribs and pork butts. It is a sweet, salty and spicy rub that will generate a thick dark bark on your pork.
For more information on spices and rubs see AmazingRibs.com – The Science Of Rubs.
Yeild: About 3 cups. Generally this will make about 2 spare ribs or one pork butt.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 1/3 cup garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons Hungarian or Spanish paprika
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoons crushed red pepper